Tuesday 21 August 2012

Breaking Point

Freezing point. Boiling Point.
Our fridge broke, two days ago and we just discovered it last evening after all the things had thawed beyond repair in the freezer and into mush in the fridge.
Fabulous!
I want to go back to the happy times: the cockpit times: with oreo cookies, smiles and rainbows.
You haven't been truly frustrated until you have dealt with a foreign maintenance and security company.
I was told six times that it would be okay. They seemed to be under the magical influence that all the food in the fridge would come back to life and we could all smile and be friends again. I chased the first guy out for telling me that by switching the freezer to low then in ten minutes turn it back to high that everything would work out and the freezer would begin to work properly again. What an idiot.
Spent the better part of my evening off dealing with throwing out meat in the freezer before it started to smell, and trying to contact someone to fix the situation. I was told by the building maintenance staff that someone wouldn't be able to come until Thursday. Such service!
I guess the damsel in distress bit doesn't fly here?
Either way, having to head into HQ tomorrow (they know me by name now) to deal with this and a few other bits I have been adding to my list the last few days since my last visit!
1. Mailbox Number
2. Vaccination for TB
3. Leave
4. Face Card - Discount card for being an Emirates employee
5. GCAA license update
6. Fridge/Stove/I'm going to burn my apartment down if something else breaks or craps out

Is anyone coming to visit my glamourous lifestyle soon?

Leanna xo
P.S I fixed the Air Conditioner in my room and unclogged the sink, call me handy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment