Tuesday 3 July 2012

Headache

I woke up with one.
I had taken three advils by the time I arrived at HQ.
My fingers were crossed they would send me home and at the same time wiling myself to get through the day so I didn't have to take time from somewhere else on another day to make up for things I missed!
My doctor couldn't believe that before this job I was a finishing carpenters assistant nor that I had built a house with my father. Not until I showed him the gun show.
Just kidding.
He really was curious about it though, I don't know if it was a tactic to get me to forget about my headache or because he really was curious. He asked about the foundation and what passive solar meant. I told him all about the styrofoam ICF building blocks that looked like lego blocks, and the cement that goes inside the centre, and how you designed the overhang of the roof to both cool and heat the home. I told him all about the cranes that picked up the garage roof and walls and busted things up. I told him about the flood in the spring because of all the snow we got that winter and the extra thick walls with three layers of insulation and the in floor heating. All about the rows and rows of sleepers we put down and the little black clips to hold the hose. I told him how we had to paint the ceiling at least five times to get the perfect chocolate brown and the granite countertops and all the gorgeous finishing we did from the crown moulding to mums chairs of life room with the wainscotting and the wall on the stairs with the big clock and the coffered ceiling in the theatre room.
After all that you'd forget about a headache too. The more I talked about home the more I felt like I was actually there walking down the hallways I was telling him all about.
Anyways I made it through the day and I didn't have to get poked by any more needles thankfully! It was an easy day.
I finished all my E-Learning too that isn't due until Sunday. So I am way ahead of the game!
Tomorrow we are back at the Training College and my batch is learning about Interpersonal Skills with Customers.
Leanna xo

No comments:

Post a Comment